Citizens of the United States of America are exempted from the visa requirements when entering, exiting or traveling through Bosnia and Herzegovina for up to 90 days.
A list of countries that are exempted from the visa regime is available on the Ministry of Foreign Affaires of Bosnia and Herzegovina web site:www.mvp.gov.ba
Passport holders of other countries (not exempted) have to obtain a visa in order to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
All applications for a visa must be submitted in person.
Please, do not send your application by mail.
Visa application form
Listed below are the documents that are required when applying for a visa to Bosnia and Herzegovina:
1. Valid passport of applicant
2. Application form (completed and signed)
3. Copy of a valid US visa or Alien Registration card
4. Copy of round trip ticket or itinerary
5. One passport size picture
In addition to the above, the following items must be presented:
a) If traveling as a tourist:
1. Voucher of travel agency stating that trip has been paid in full
2. Copy of your last bank statement
b) If visiting friends and/or relatives:
1. Letter of invitation from person(s) the applicant intends to visit, certified by the Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina - Department for Foreign Citizens.
c) If traveling on business:
1. Letter from employer stating the purpose of the trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina
2. Letter of invitation from a company in Bosnia and Herzegovina, certified by the Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina - Department for Foreign Citizens.
Visa fee is 39 $ for single visas and $ 70 for multiple visas. Payments must be made by money order/cashier's check payable
to the Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Personal check or cash cannot be accepted.
Please include a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope (must be a trackable mail). Otherwise add additional 20 $ money order for mailing costs.